Family counselling for:
- Family conflict
- Managing family dynamics
- Parenting skills
- Couple conflict regarding parenting
- Blended family or step family issues.
Family members are each unique and possess differing viewpoints, needs and wants. Differences can lead to difficulties and conflict within families.
In family counselling I focus on your family as a unit or system and not just individual members. I can help your family work towards healthier relationships and facilitate improved communication so that all your family members feel valued, understood and accepted.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Has communication within your home become ineffective or bitter?
- Have your family relationships become distant or uncomfortable?
- Does your family spend more time fighting than enjoying each other?
- Do efforts to connect result in arguments?
- Do your family members avoid each other?
- Is your family dealing with a major life event such as moving, changing jobs, loss of a loved one, divorce etc?
If you answered yes to any of the above family counselling may help.
Family counselling provides an opportunity for your family to look at any issues in a safe environment, and to explore difficulties including problems with communication and relationships. Your family can be helped to identify reasons for the problems you are encountering and possible ways forward.
Choosing the right counsellor is an important process. Because of this I offer an initial 30 minute free consultation with no obligation or commitment to attend any further sessions, to give you the chance to see if you feel comfortable with me and the way that I work.